!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Selling Promotional Products-selling advertising specialty products - how to sell specialty advertising products - motivation products - premiums and specialties - sales techniques for advertising and promotional products - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This page is specifically designed for sellers of advertising specialty, promotional products, premiums, and swag.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich

Finished another one of those classics. The date published on this one was 1990, but the copyright was 1960. There were many amazing elements in this book.

1. It has much to offer in the way of advice for anyone who chooses to get rich, especially if that is a priority.
2. There is some pretty comical things that they need to take out in a rewrite if they haven't already.
3. I can no longer recommend this book. I have changed, and there were too many things that Napoleon Hill believes that I no longer do.

The basis of Think and Grow Rich is mind control. He made famous the phrase "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve." This basic premise still works for me, if I don't get too technical. For the vast majority of folks, if you put this motto on your mirror or fridge, it could definitely inspire you to better things.

It is so easy for sales people to get all mired down in negative thinking. A positive outlook, belief in your God given abilities, and being passionate about success will pay big dividends in life.

To his great credit, Hill point out early and often that success comes with planning, a right attitude, and an understanding of what will need to be sacrificed to get to real big time wealth. He repeats that "If you truly desire money so keenly that your desire is an obsession, you will have no difficulty in convincing yourself that you will acquire it."

Most of us commoners don't desire money at that level. I think I may have in my 20's and 30's. But now I find myself much more interested in family time, my church, and giving back with no expectation of return. So, read Hill with a skeptical mind, but Og Mondino tells it more to my liking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Selling promotional products can be a very rewarding career. I hope that ideas contained in this site will help you become successful in the Advertising Specialty Business. If you wish to contact me personally, do so by sending an email to Randy_Kirk@CaliforniaSprings.com "Selling Promotional Products" articles may be reproduced with permission or linked without permission