!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Selling Promotional Products-selling advertising specialty products - how to sell specialty advertising products - motivation products - premiums and specialties - sales techniques for advertising and promotional products - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This page is specifically designed for sellers of advertising specialty, promotional products, premiums, and swag.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Are You a HOTTIE?

I'm not. My wife probably thinks so (or not.) My mom surely does. My girls??? But in my heart of hearts I know I'm not.

If you are, it will greatly advance your career as a Promotional Products professional. Maybe you're really tall, really great looking, or very unusual in some way. You have a leg up on the rest of us normal (read dull looking) people.

Sure, I've made a good living in sales because of my . . (no bragging in this column.) But if I were starting all over today, I would either get stretched, have plastic surgery, or come up with a unique persona. The last option being cheaper and less painful, it appeals to me the most.

One salesmen I know has these amazing belt buckles he wears. Another brings doughnuts every time. If she forgets, she gets hooted. Many over the years had a joke or two each visit. Still another still wears $300 suits when everyone else is in Hawaiian shirts. Being in the cheap plastic stuff business, maybe you should always bring a wild and wacky give-away to leave behind.

You get the point. Your ideas, your prices, your charm, your wit will go a long way. But it is truly amazing how important it is to be remembered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Selling promotional products can be a very rewarding career. I hope that ideas contained in this site will help you become successful in the Advertising Specialty Business. If you wish to contact me personally, do so by sending an email to Randy_Kirk@CaliforniaSprings.com "Selling Promotional Products" articles may be reproduced with permission or linked without permission