!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Selling Promotional Products-selling advertising specialty products - how to sell specialty advertising products - motivation products - premiums and specialties - sales techniques for advertising and promotional products - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This page is specifically designed for sellers of advertising specialty, promotional products, premiums, and swag.

Monday, May 23, 2005

SHUT UP! and Sell

According to Judges 15:16 "And Samson said, 'With the jawbone of a donkey, I've made heaps on heaps! With the jawbone of a donkey, I've killed a thousand men!'" May I suggest that 1000's of sales are killed every day using exactly the same tool.

Many of us who claim to be sales professionals are also professional bloviators (a tip of the hat to O'Reilly.) We love to talk. Thus it happens that from time-to-time, and far too many times, we continue to talk after the customer has said "yes."

Customer: "I think your right. Those 32 ounce California Springs water bottles will work perfect in our weekend beachware promotion. How soon can I get 1000."

You: "I'm sure we can get them on time. Did you know that these bottles have a special tether that keeps the cap from getting lost."

Customer: "I'm not sure I want that. Does it come without the tether."

The tether is a great extra, but you didn't need to add in more selling features or benefits. The customer was ready to write the P.O. So SHUT UP! I'm sorry to be impolite, but I'm also a major offender of this rule, and therefore know how it can kill a sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Selling promotional products can be a very rewarding career. I hope that ideas contained in this site will help you become successful in the Advertising Specialty Business. If you wish to contact me personally, do so by sending an email to Randy_Kirk@CaliforniaSprings.com "Selling Promotional Products" articles may be reproduced with permission or linked without permission