!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Selling Promotional Products-selling advertising specialty products - how to sell specialty advertising products - motivation products - premiums and specialties - sales techniques for advertising and promotional products - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This page is specifically designed for sellers of advertising specialty, promotional products, premiums, and swag.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

More with Andrea Learned

RK: Andrea, when we left off last time, we were discussing the specific aspects of women in the marketplace. The promotional products business is dominated by women, both at the distributor sales level and end user buyers. What should this mean for suppliers and distributors in terms of their marketing strategies?

AL: One thing to keep in mind - unlike men, women do not put on their career or business "hat" and forget about their mom, wife, caretaker "hat" during the working day. No matter what, women are thinking about others all the time. They attach such importance to relationships and can make emotional connections with almost anything along the way. Just as I advise people to allow for the meandering buying path process of women, so, too, should people doing business with women consider the many influences on and multi-sensing ways of female brains. Nothing is black and white - there is always more gray to consider around an issue for most women.

RK: Interesting you mention that dual role. Many of the sales professionals in the advertising specialty world work out of their homes, and/or do the job part time. This definitely effects the way suppliers market to this group.

You have this great blog. I believe the readers of this blog should all have their own blog. Why are you blogging? Has it brought you the results you hoped for?

AL: I blog because it gives me an immediate place to share my ideas and discoveries with people - long before I form them into a full article or presentation. I love the challenge of keeping it interesting and keeping to my own, very personal writing style. My readers seem to really value my opinion and it is very rewarding to think that I may be helping a fair number of people take a fresh look at their marketing efforts. Plus, many of my blog readers are in touch with me and feed me the latest and greatest things going on around them, in their many communities, so I can more easily write about the secret, smaller, less reported news and more entrepreneurial brands.

Because I didn't have traffic or money-making expectations from the start, blogging has been a wonderful adventure, rewarding in many other ways. I have made incredible connections with people through it. And, there are that many more articles "out there on the web" with my name on them - so it's been an effective way to get my work in the search engine results.

RK: Andrea, I want to thank you for sharing with the folks. And I appreciate your offer to come back next month and dig a little deeper into the specifics. But for those who can't wait, you have lots of specifics over at Learned on Women, and some excellent additional links to others in the field. Thanks again, and good luck with the sales of your book, "Don't Think Pink."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Selling promotional products can be a very rewarding career. I hope that ideas contained in this site will help you become successful in the Advertising Specialty Business. If you wish to contact me personally, do so by sending an email to Randy_Kirk@CaliforniaSprings.com "Selling Promotional Products" articles may be reproduced with permission or linked without permission