!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Selling Promotional Products-selling advertising specialty products - how to sell specialty advertising products - motivation products - premiums and specialties - sales techniques for advertising and promotional products - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This page is specifically designed for sellers of advertising specialty, promotional products, premiums, and swag.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Promotional Products should DO NO HARM

Doctors make a promise when they enter the profession to "do no harm." When they evaluate, prescribe for, operate on, and discuss health issues, this must always be in the back of their mind. Surely, the swag we sell has the potential to do harm in a way that most advertising does not. While it is possible to run an ad that insults people or irritates them, most ad execs think that even negative exposure of this kind can have long term benefits. "Write bad stuff about me, just spell my name right."

It just isn't the same with promotional products. If I open an envelope to get at the pen, I expect the pen to write. If it doesn't, or worse yet, I end up with an ink stain on my shirt, I will remember who sent that pen. And it won't be so that I can increase my business with them.

If I am dealing with a company who is attempting to persuade me that they produce quality products or services, and they gift me with an inferior product or one that doesn't work, there is an immediate translation in my mind that if they can't get the Tchotchky right, why should I believe they can do anything else right?

To make this equation even more critical for you as an ad specialty seller, the buyer who is responsible for the campaign will hold you directly responsible for every complaint he receives. Am I wrong?

Therefore, I think you should have the words "Promotional Products should do NO HARM" on your business card, on your stationery, at the bottom of your e-mail, and on your forehead. (That recommendation is in jest, but you get the point.) If you need to teach the buyer anything it is this: "Promotional Products should do NO HARM." You gain three huge benefits if you are able to make this lesson stick.

1. You won't lose the account due to bad products
2. You will position yourself differently than your competition.
3. You will generate more dollars of revenue from higher quality products.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Selling promotional products can be a very rewarding career. I hope that ideas contained in this site will help you become successful in the Advertising Specialty Business. If you wish to contact me personally, do so by sending an email to Randy_Kirk@CaliforniaSprings.com "Selling Promotional Products" articles may be reproduced with permission or linked without permission