!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Selling Promotional Products-selling advertising specialty products - how to sell specialty advertising products - motivation products - premiums and specialties - sales techniques for advertising and promotional products - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This page is specifically designed for sellers of advertising specialty, promotional products, premiums, and swag.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Rude Salesman - What is Rudest Thing of All

Time for a major admission. When I was younger, I used to use 4-letter words. I suspect there were also some words with 5 letters or so that were just a vulger as the 4 letter kind. I also used those kinds of words in some sales settings or when dealing with salesmen I managed (I used "salesmen" on purpose. I never swore in front of women.)

Somewhere along the line I asked myself: "Will I make one more friend or sale because of my language use. Moreover, might I actually lose friends or sales due to my choice of words. I decided that day to end the use of any and all vulgar words in all settings.

Now, the other day I read this article.

The Rudest Thing You Can Do at Work

The rudest thing you can do at work is to use profanity.
That's the word from a Harris Interactive survey of 2,318 employed adults conducted for Randstad USA, a leading workforce solutions company, about behaviors that interfere with work performance. Fully 91 percent of those surveyed cited profane language as the rudest workplace behavior.
Top 9 office etiquette pet peeves:
Using profanity: 91 percent
Being spoken to in a condescending tone: 44 percent
Public reprimand: 37 percent
Micromanaging: 34 percent
Loud talkers: 32 percent
Cell phones ringing at work: 30 percent
Using speakerphones in public areas: 22 percent
Personal conversations in the workplace: 11 percent
Using PDAs during meetings: 9 percent

Swearing at work--even if it seems like everyone else is doing it, too--can leave a bad impression, according to James O'Connor, founder of Cuss Control. Not only that, but it makes you unpleasant to be around and can endanger your relationships as people lose respect for you. Most of all, it shows you don't have control and could even lead some to think you have a bad attitude or a lack of character. "Swearing is complaining, and it can be infectious," O'Connor told Training magazine. "It also reflects on an individual's lack of maturity and inability to cope with daily aggravations."

To help you stop swearing, devise a new list of tension-releasing words. For example, instead of saying you're "pissed off," try one of these: angry, mad, livid, fuming, irate, furious, enraged, incensed, upset, infuriated, spitting mad, disappointed or frustrated.


Nice to know I made a wise choice. Sorry to think how many I offended before I figured it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Selling promotional products can be a very rewarding career. I hope that ideas contained in this site will help you become successful in the Advertising Specialty Business. If you wish to contact me personally, do so by sending an email to Randy_Kirk@CaliforniaSprings.com "Selling Promotional Products" articles may be reproduced with permission or linked without permission