!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Selling Promotional Products-selling advertising specialty products - how to sell specialty advertising products - motivation products - premiums and specialties - sales techniques for advertising and promotional products - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This page is specifically designed for sellers of advertising specialty, promotional products, premiums, and swag.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Why You Do the Thing You Do

I have heard many different reasons given why employers choose certain people over others, or why some are more successful in sales than others. Height, looks, skin color, and sex come to mind. Better reasons include: completes what he starts; does what she says she will do; follows up.

If I were to compile such a list, I think the top item would be enthusiasm. Not just the general kind of wild-eyed optimism that some accuse me of having, but a specific passion for the task at hand. So ask yourself, are you passionate about selling promotional products to your customers? Why or why not?

A really good Advertising Specialty salesperson would say something like, "I love helping my clients to become more successful at what they do. I am so invested in their event that I am as excited as they are to see what the results are. I even fine tune things along the way for maximum success."

When you think like that, you arrive at your clients office with your vast understanding of what works and what doesn't in various circumstances. You can site examples from non-competitive situations which will help to point the way. You stop short of taking over their management of the idea, and help them to feel 100% ownership of the idea and the results.

And you do so with great ENTHUSIASM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Selling promotional products can be a very rewarding career. I hope that ideas contained in this site will help you become successful in the Advertising Specialty Business. If you wish to contact me personally, do so by sending an email to Randy_Kirk@CaliforniaSprings.com "Selling Promotional Products" articles may be reproduced with permission or linked without permission